Christmas Gifts Refund Extended To Jan 7 • Free Insured Shipping & Returns Worldwide
A Quick Guide to Diamonds
Natural diamonds are precious gemstones formed deep within the Earth under high pressure and temperature. They are brought to the surface through volcanic eruptions, making them rare and valuable.
The 4 Cs:
- Carat Weight: Measures the diamond's size. Bigger diamonds are rarer and more expensive.
- Cut: Determines the diamond's sparkle and brilliance. A well-cut diamond shines more.
- Clarity: Refers to the presence of flaws. Flawless diamonds are the most valuable. Clarity grades range from Flawless (no flaws) to Included (visible flaws).
- Color: Diamonds come in various colors, ranging from D (colorless) to Z (light yellow or brown). Colorless diamonds are most prized.
Certification: Always get a grading report from a reputable gem lab like GIA for natural diamond and IGI for lab grown diamond. when buying a diamond from 0,5 carat and up. It ensures you get what you pay for.
Shapes and Settings: Diamonds come in various shapes, each with its unique charm and allure. The most popular shapes include round, oval, princess, emerald and cushion. The choice of shape is a matter of personal taste and style.
Ethical Sourcing: Consider the diamond's origin. Look for diamonds certified by the Kimberley Process to ensure ethical sourcing.
Colorless (D-F): Extremely rare and valuable; no visible color.
Near Colorless (G-H): Slightly detectable color; excellent value.
We recommed to not go under H in color when choosing a diamond, to ensure a white beautiful diamond.
Flawless (FL): No inclusions or blemishes visible under 10x magnification.
Internally Flawless (IF): No inclusions, only blemishes visible under 10x magnification.
Very, Very Slightly Included (VVS1-VVS2): Tiny inclusions, challenging to see under 10x magnification.
Very Slightly Included (VS1-VS2): Minor inclusions, usually not visible to the naked eye.
Slightly Included (SI1-SI2): Noticeable inclusions under 10x magnification but still considered eye-clean.
We recommend to choose a diamond between VVS-VS to get the best value for money. Remember that the clarity requirements for a beautiful diamond can also be affected by the diamond shape. Emerald cut diamonds require higher clarity due to less facettes that reflects the light, making includions more visible.
Cut Grading Range:
- Excellent: Reflects most light, maximizing brilliance and fire.
- Very Good: Reflects nearly as much light as Excellent cut; great value.
- Good: Reflects a good amount of light; a budget-friendly option.
- Fair: Less brilliance and sparkle; may appear slightly dull.
- Poor: Reduced light reflection; lacks brilliance.
The cut of a diamond is crucial to its beauty. A well-cut diamond reflects light optimally, enhancing its sparkle. We recommend to go for diamonds with Excellent cut for maximum brilliance.
Remember, diamonds represent elegance and love. Armed with this knowledge, you can make an informed and cherished purchase that will captivate hearts for generations to come.